Homemade Healthy Quinoa Energy Bars Recipe [Video]
In this cooking video, I’m going to save you money and save you from packing on the belly fat. I want you to go to your cabinet and get rid of your pre-packaged granola bars and make this delicious Quinoa Energy Bars recipe. These quinoa energy bars are made with whole ingredients, unlike the store bought energy bars that are filled with sugar and processed fat.
Here’s the quinoa energy bars recipe and cooking video. Enjoy!
Quinoa Energy Bars Ingredients (15 servings):
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of water
Quinoa Energy Bars Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse pre-cooked quinoa and then cook according to package directions.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, baking soda, agave nectar, sea salt, buckwheat flour, almonds, sunflower seeds, apricots, coconut.
4. Once quinoa is cooked, add apple sauce, vanilla, and water to quinoa.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
6. Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex dish with non-sticking cooking spray.
7. Spread mixture in the pan and flatten.
8. Bake for 20 mins at 350F.
9. Once finished, allow for it to cool for 5 mins, then cut into bars.
Leave a comment below if you liked this Quinoa Energy Bars recipe. Also, here’s the cooking video of me making them:
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out my healthy pizza recipe.
Also be sure to subscribe to my Live Lean TV YouTube Channel so you never miss a recipe or workout!